THE IMPORTANCE OF TRAINING 

Membership in AFSA gains you access to many education and training opportunities. For more information on training or to register click here.

AFSA's APPRENTICE PROGRAM FOR FITTERS


This apprentice program is written from a contractor’s point of view. Each level of the series includes photographs, drawings and tables to provide instruction on proper installation techniques and use of tools. Test materials are provided to allow student testing on a periodic basis.


AFSA's INSPECTOR DEVELOPMENT PROGRAM


AFSA’s ITM Inspector Development Program utilizes on-demand and live training courses combined with a robustly-structured on the job training (OJT) and mentoring program with the goal of candidates passing NICET Level II water-based inspection certification exams in less than two years. 

AFSA Beginning Fire Sprinkler System Planning School

The System Planning School presents a comprehensive, practical approach to preparing fire sprinkler system drawings. Students receive two full weeks of instruction, 60% of which is study and review of NFPA 13 (2016). The other 40% is preparation of fire sprinkler system layout, shop drawings and hydraulic calculations. The school is designed to train a beginner to be productive immediately upon returning to work. This class is designed for those with no experience, or those who need assistance with design. The students learn by actually planning and drawing sprinkler systems while studying and applying NFPA 13 (2016 Edition).


Powered by Wild Apricot Membership Software